Thursday, October 28, 2021
Ronaldo will (again) be a twin father
Cristiano Ronaldo is going to be a father again and twice: The Portuguese soccer superstar announces that his girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez is pregnant with twins. His followers are enthusiastic and in droves.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a five-time world footballer – and soon a father of six. The Portuguese superstar revealed in an Instagram post in the afternoon that he and his girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez are expecting offspring – twins. “We are happy to announce that we are expecting twins,” wrote Ronaldo under a picture that shows the parents-to-be with an ultrasound image. “Our hearts are full of love – we can’t wait to get to know you.” Within a few minutes, the news had wowed more than ten million of Ronaldo’s 360 million followers. Ronaldo was one of the first to congratulate Manchester United: “Congratulations, Ronaldo!” Teammates like goalkeeper David de Gea or Diogo Dalot also congratulated the striker. The Spanish newspaper “Hola” had first announced that Rodríguez was already in the twelfth week of pregnancy.
The 36-year-old Ronaldo already has four children: Cristiano Ronaldo Junior, born in 2010, the four-year-old twins Eva and Mateo and Alana Maria, the first child of Ronaldo and Rodríguez, who was born in 2017. The mothers of Ronaldo’s first son and the twins who were surrogate in 2017 are not known to the public. Cristiano Ronaldo has sole custody of all three children.
Ronaldo has been in a relationship with Rodríguez since the end of 2016. The Argentine model had already announced in 2020 that the joint family planning would not be completed with the birth of Alana Maria: “My desire to be a mother again is greater than ever before. I would like to have more children,” said the 27-year-old then “Hola”. Ronaldo, known worldwide as the CR7 because of his shirt number, had already revealed that he would like to have seven children – matching his shirt number. “That’s my fetish number,” said Ronaldo at the time of the French sports newspaper “L’Équipe”.
Proceedings in Las Vegas
The news of having children comes a few weeks after an ongoing civil lawsuit against him took a positive turn. In Las Vegas, the footballer has to answer a lawsuit for a reported rape. Judge Daniel Albregts recommended Ronaldo’s call for the case in Las Vegas to be suspended.
Albregts justified his recommendation by saying that Leslie Stovall, attorney for plaintiff Kathryn Mayorga, based his action for compensation on communications between Ronaldo and his legal team that had become public in the context of the “Football Leaks” revelations. The exchange between defense lawyers and their clients is under special protection.
Rejecting Mayorga’s lawsuit for “the improper conduct of her attorney is a harsh consequence,” admitted Albregts. If the court does not do this, however, the lawyer’s wrongdoing could “have far-reaching dangerous consequences for the legitimacy of the court process”.
Former US model Mayorga accuses Ronaldo of raping her in a hotel room in Las Vegas in 2009. Because of the resulting psychological problems, her lawyers are demanding up to $ 200 million in compensation. Mayorga reported the alleged rape to the police immediately afterwards on June 13, 2009.
Ronaldo has already paid the plaintiff money
The footballer has always denied the allegations and asserted that the sex was consensual. A criminal case against the Portuguese international was dropped two years ago because the public prosecutor’s office considered a conviction of Ronaldo to be unlikely.
Ronaldo’s lawyer Peter Christiansen welcomed the recommendation that the civil proceedings should now be closed. He was pleased that the court was willing “to apply the law fairly to the facts,” he said. Mayorga’s lawyers initially did not comment on the AFP news agency’s request.
In 2019 it became public that money had flowed to the plaintiff in the case. According to attorneys’ court documents, Ronaldo paid Mayorga a total of $ 375,000 under a 2010 agreement. In the past, the American had spoken of a kind of hush money that had been paid to her.
Ronaldo’s lawyers said in court documents that the soccer star and Mayorga entered into the agreement to “maintain confidentiality” and “avoid public and costly litigation”. Mayorga’s lawyers wanted to go to court to have the agreement annulled. They argue that she was traumatized at the time of consent.