Our winter feel-good recipe
Hmm … these 5-ingredient steamed noodles warm from the inside
When the scent of fresh steamed noodles wafts through your home, cosiness is the order of the day. With this 5-ingredient recipe we can simply have a good time on cold days …
There is a certain magic about fresh pastries. As soon as we prepare it, a comfortably warm feeling with the unmistakable aroma spreads in us during baking. Smells bring back long-forgotten memories, of childhood, of home. The strategy – mainly known from American films – of baking cookies before selling the house in order to fill the four walls with the scent of sugary yeast is definitely true. In fact, it does something to us, the pastries. So let’s take advantage of this wonderful effect and say goodbye to the autumn blues to prepare for a cozy Advent.
In winter the stove is properly heated up again, because we too can use some warmth from the inside. A wonderful alternative to cakes and biscuits are: steamed noodles. A sweet main course that is guaranteed to brighten us up every afternoon and maybe even give us a certain hut feeling. After all, the recipe comes from southern Germany, but is also often served in the mountains and in ski areas.
The practical thing about the pastry: you usually have the ingredients in the house anyway. So if the idea of the sweet yeast smell has whipped you up (like we did), just take a look in your storage cupboard – we have the right recipe ready for you here. It’s also vegan, by the way.
The 5-ingredient recipe for vegan steamed noodles
- 500 grams of flour
- 250 milliliters of oat milk
- 1/2 cube of fresh yeast
- 100 grams of margarine
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- Optional with a salt crust: 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the vegetable milk lukewarm (do not boil!) And crumble in the yeast. Mix with sugar and let dissolve for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Form a hollow in the middle. Add the yeast mixture and margarine.
- Knead carefully and patiently into a velvety dough. Let rise covered for an hour.
- Knead again and shape into 10 dumplings, kneading inwards so that a smooth surface is created.
- Put some oil in a pan with a lid, pour a glass of water and heat. If you want a salt crust, you can also add a teaspoon of salt here.
- When the mixture boils, add the steamed noodles and cover with a lid.
- The steamed noodles are ready when the water has boiled away.
- Combine and serve as desired – enjoy.
A little tip: You can refine the steamed noodles individually. Some people like it best with poppy seeds and melted butter, others swear by vanilla sauce or plum compote. Just try it out and see what you have in the house right now!